This year, the 3rd Munich Technology Conference (MTC3) at Technical University of Munich (TUM) in Germany will take place on October 8-10, 2019. Organized by Oerlikon, together with its partners GE Additive, Siemens, Linde, McKinsey, TÜV SÜD and TUM, the conference titled “Additive Manufacturing: Accelerating the Industrialization – A Reality Check” will feature top speakers from the industry, academia and political sectors.
AM is driving the next industrial revolution. Ever more industries are embracing its potential in their manufacturing and understanding how it can help solve some of their toughest challenges. As the shift continues, more opportunities arise, and bring with them the critical necessity for industrialization. A reality check of this endeavor is our focus at the MTC3.
Throughout the conference, industry leaders, scientists, engineers, equipment manufacturers, software vendors, educators and government officials will participate in discussions aimed at understanding the challenges for advancing the application of additive manufacturing in various industries. There will also be a new pre-conference networking event in collaboration with the 3D printing Cluster, offering a platform for 3D start-ups to pitch their ideas.
Questions that will be addressed at the conference:
- Is industrialization happening?
- What can we do to speed up the process of industrialization of additive manufacturing?
- Are some industries better served by additive manufacturing than others?
- What challenges do hardware providers face?
- Are there consistent challenges in moving from concept to execution? What change is needed in the university curricula?
Find out more about the speakers at the conference website.