AKL'20 cancelled due to Covid-19
Fraunhofer ILT has announced that due to the developing situation with respect to Covid-19, the International Laser Technology Congress AKL'20 will not take place in Aachen from 6-8 May, 2020.
Around 600 attendees and more than 80 lecturers were expected at the event, as well as a fully booked exhibition.
‘This is a preventative measure,’ the institute said in its announcement. ‘Depending on the future development of the pandemic we will decide on an alternative date for the conference AKL.
‘The Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology ILT sets highest priority to the safety and health of our staff, partners and all attendees of AKL´20. We understand the impact this might have for you with respect to this important networking event of the laser community. We ask for your understanding in us taking this decision.’
The next AKL will take place from 4-6 May in 2022, thus maintaining the show's traditional biennial rhythm.
For our coverage of the previous conference, AKL’18, see the below articles:
The next scheduled events at the ILT are:
- 4th Conference on Laser Polishing LaP, from September 16 to 17, 2020.
- AMTC4 – The Technology Conference on Additive Manufacturing, from October 20 to 22, 2020.
- 2nd AI for Laser Technology Conference, from November 4 to 5, 2020.
- 3rd Laser Symposium Electromobility – LSE’21, from January 19 to 20, 2021.
- 6th ICTM Conference for Turbomachinery Manufacturing, from February 24 to 25, 2021.
- 6th UKP-Workshop: Ultrafast Laser Technology, from April 21 to 22, 2021.