More than 400 visitors attended the Lasers in Action forum during Lasys in Stuttgart, which ran from 24-26 June. A total of 40 talks took place over the three days of the trade fair, ranging in topic from micromachining to diode laser technology. Robotics and automation and laser additive manufacturing were also covered in depth.
The forum also featured an executive panel discussion on the future of laser systems, where micromachining with ultrafast lasers was highlighted as one area expected to grow in the future.
The panel comprised of Georg Hofner, CEO of Scanlab, Dr Mario Ledig, VP of Jenoptik Laser, Wolfgang Schulz, head of the modelling and simulation department at the Fraunhofer Institute for Laser Technology, and Toni Koszykowski, CEO of Laser SOS. The discussion was moderated by Warren Clark, Laser Systems Europe’s publishing director.
The forum was organised by Laser Systems Europe in cooperation with Messe Stuttgart and the Laser Institute of America. A selection of the presentations are available below (click on the links):
- High-quality cutting of transparent materials using picosecond lasers, Saulius Mikalauskas, EKSPLA
- System integration and benefits of beam shaping optics, Ulrich Rädel, Topag Lasertechnik
- Freeform beam shaping for micro- and macromachining, Alexander Laskin, AdlOptica
- Important features for 3D laser processing, Ralf Kohllöffel, Trumpf Laser- und Systemtechnik
- Effect of internally focused laser processing of sapphire substrate on bowing, Hitoshi Hoshino, Disco Hi-Tec Europe
- Mobile laser hardening system for industrial application, Eckehard Hensel, ALOtec
- Robotic Laser Marking, Alastair Morris, PRYOR
- Dual-axis scan head for high processing speeds up to 200m/s (UHSS), Erwin Wagner, Raylase
- Cladding with High Power Diode Lasers, Mark Daichendt, Laserline
- Tailored Blanks Welding with Diode Lasers, Andre Eltze, Laserline
- New applications and trends for multi-KW diode laser, Michael Nagel, Laserline
- Processing of transparent materials with ultrashort pulse lasers, Linas Giniunas, Light Conversion Ltd
- Breakthrough welding solutions for safer encapsulation, Ville Hevonkorpi, Primoceler
- 3D-printing and its emerging opportunities, Simon Merkt, Fraunhofer ILT
- CFRP Cleaning with Excimer Lasers for Optimised Adhesive Bonding, Ralph Delmdahl, Coherent LaserSystems GmbH & Co. KG
- New Process Technology for Joining of High Strength Steel Components, Alexander Kranhold, Scansonic MI GmbH
- Laser Micromachining of Transparent Materials, Celine Bansal, Oxford Lasers Ltd