Laser Photonics to develop IoT solutions
Laser Photonics, a developer of laser systems for cleaning and other materials applications, has announced its plans to develop IoT solutions to assist next-generation laser customers in accurately measuring crucial KPIs across all business lines.
Wayne Tupuola, chief executive officer of Laser Photonics, commented, "IoT has been labeled as the power behind the fourth industrial revolution, driving productivity gains, transforming business models and redefining or even changing how organizations engage with their customers. We see IoT as a multiplier for our technology and plan on leveraging these capabilities to enhance the value our CleanTech systems provide."
IoT refers to the interconnection of physical objects with embedded sensors and software to connect and exchange data with other devices and systems through the internet. Areas of development will focus on productivity, quality, utility, safety and traceability.
Key conveniences in connectivity and industrial oversight include:
- Remote Management and Monitoring
- Cycle Time Monitoring
- Overall Equipment Effectiveness (OEE)
- Productivity and Throughput
- Predictive and Prescriptive Maintenance
- Asset Management & Tracking
- Condition-based Monitoring - Warning and Control Limit Breaches for CBM Parameters
- Energy Management - Water, Electricity Consumption